21 January 2009

Obama Mama and other ramblings

The plan today was to make goat cheese. I'd never tried to make any kind of cheese before but have always wanted to. I'm following the recipe from Martha and I can't seem to find the ingredient, mesophillic anywhere..... well, local anyway. I could order it but if I only need 1/16 of an ounce, no it's 1/16 of a teaspoon! I mean I don;t even have anything to measure that.
Errrr.....frustration!
Excuse the attitude, I'm pretty exhausted from a pretty full day with a 3.5 year old.
We journeyed into town this afternoon to watch the inauguration with real people and one thing led to another and before I knew it, I had one hungry tired toddler on my hands.
We got home to paint for the 4th time today and O begins to touch his paint, and like every other kid, wipes his hands on the tablecloth then his pants. Acrylic paint.
I head to the back to our bookshelves to do some much needed decluttering and he begins to pour mod podge onto a book that has been torn. And it, of course, pours out of the sides onto the already stained white table cloth. What can you do really? I have been known to either head straight for the hidden stash of chocolate or curl up on the couch with my favorite quilt and watch I Love Lucy reruns.
But really I couldn't be without, my life would be completely boring without him! It makes for a memorable day.

I wanted to post this picture to remind myself that you can still find beauty even on the grayest of days.
And I am an "Obama Mama!" What O has been calling me all day

There will be a return of positive daily reflections and what we have been working on for the month of January.....homeschooling at it's finest!

There is Hope!
a

2 comments:

  1. Ansley,

    You know, sometimes my mother complains that she thinks the heroines in my novels are too 'weak.' I think she is a bit of a bonkhead on this issue but I happened to tell her about your post and suggest that maybe she's looking for the kind of strength it takes to raise a three year old AND still try to make goat cheese at the same time. Talk about Great Expectations.

    You are such a good, nurturing mother....goat cheese & tableclothes will pass but Oscar will stay.

    ----Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful scene. something from my irish fantasies....

    ReplyDelete