26 March 2008

Ah, Tuesday

It all started with the apron....
These aprons were given to my husband and myself as a gift from my grandmother years ago, I sure she probably wouldn't even remember. They are Gardeners Aprons, why, can't you see the tools, the pipe, the overalls and the bowtie?
I believe this one is Chads.
So, anyways, the apron, that's where it started today. Picking O up from school, we had plans, big plans! We were dyeing eggs that Spring Bunny forgot to bring on Easter morning.
We tye-dyed, wrapped rubber bands and crocheted dollies around eggs, even tye- dying our hands.I was inspired by Martha Stewart's show on egg dyeing. However, our eggs did not turn out like hers, to say the least. I used a crocheted dollie that I found in the bag. It looked so beautiful wrapped around the egg, I had to try it! Although, I may have had to use fancy lace on the egg to get the pretty design MS got.

The rubber bands were pretty cool and they did leave a design around the eggs.
Over all it was a pretty fun project.....Oscars hands tell all......


So, speaking of the dollies, I was going through my sewing and fabric boxes trying to find some lace and I found a bag, that I knew was in the box just have never really sat down to look through it. I found some, crocheted, (I think, although, there was a needle gauge in the bag) flowers and such.

If you look beyond the flowers, at the top of the photo, there is what looks like a knitted or crocheted baby shoe. So delicate and small! So, it was really cool to think that these we my Grandmothers or maybe my Great Grandmothers hands working on the very things that I am now that interest in.

So, just when you thought we were finished and could sit down and relax for a second....
O wants to make a smoothie!

Oh boy, my first thought is to distract him, then I remember how much he does love smoothies!
Ok, out comes the blender, the berries, fresh and frozen, milk, oj, flax seeds.....
Wanting to "do it all by myself" I went out of the kitchen and return with the camera.
And yes, that is blueberries stained on his upper lip!
Stained hands and face....HA HA
No time to rest now, must make dinner.... luckily I had made a dinner plan this weekend for each night this week. Tonight, (last night): Angel hair pasta with zucchini, feta, garlic and oil. Boiled kale on the side with sesame seed dressing.....yummy! Even O loves these!!

Ah, now time to relax?? Yeah right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment