26 July 2008

30 Days of Happiness:: 22


So, I was thinking about my day, as well as this weekend spent with just O and myself and a poem came up. But a wild thing happened, at the exact moment of logging into my blog a friend, Sarah, called me to look up these words for her.

The Wise Woman's Stone

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone." Sometimes it not the wealth you have but what's inside you that others need.


I was so drawn by these words.
When at the Farmers Market today, I was thinking about what I give to people.
I like giving my soap away. Sometimes a little too much. Sometimes I give words of kindness and hugs....I love to give.
These words felt so right to me....It's not what you give but what you give of yourself.
We all need to be kind to others today and everyday. We have the experience of learning from everyone we meet and that in itself is a blessing.
So, I thank you Sarah for that little blessing in disguise.
And to Erin, thank you for visiting today at the Market.
It was so good to see you, James and Jill. Oscar is still talking about the found tennis ball!
I wish you all well and a wonderful weekend!
Viva Bien....Live Well


2 comments:

  1. Dear Ansley,
    It was so good to see you and the blueberry pie was delicious--that's what my Mom wanted to say! We all enjoyed the pie--I think you put a bit of cinnamon in there and something else?

    We just loved getting to share your day. I think this story of the wise woman was really about you--you are so nurturing and generous as a mother, friend and homemaker. You & Chad are obviously doing such a good job raising a bright and loving little boy.

    We want a house and an Oscar just like yours.

    ---Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. *********Erin**********

    No, no cinnamon, for the filling, just berries, maple syrup, arrowroot powder and lemon juice...oh a a sprinkle of sugar.
    The crust is from the cheat sheet on happiness day 16.
    Hope you had a great time at the lake!
    A

    ReplyDelete